The Village of Grafton is in the center of Ozaukee County near Lake Michigan and only 20 miles North of Milwaukee. Grafton was settled in 1838 and is one of the oldest in Ozaukee County. The Milwaukee River flows through the historic downtown which hosts many shops and restaurants. The Paramount Plaza downtown is a tribute to Paramount Records originally recording records in Grafton in the 1920’s and 30’s
- Grafton has 17 parks and open spaces encompassing 120 acres offering fishing, picnic areas, baseball and soccer fields and more. Lime Kiln Park offers historic lime kilns, nine-hole disc golf course, and a viewing/fishing area by the river. Just outside Grafton on Lake Michigan is the 73-acre Lion’s Den Gorge Nature Preserve where you can hike and even take the stairs down to the shores of the lake.
- The Ozaukee Interurban Trail offers more than 30 miles of trails and covers the entire length of Ozaukee County north to south and connects to the Brown Deer Recreational Trail which leads to Milwaukee’s Oak Leaf Trail.
- Fire Ridge Golf Club and Edgewater are two golf courses in Grafton but many more are a short drive away.
- The Family Aquatic Center is open daily over the summer offering a place to relax and cool off during the summer and the Grafton High School also has an indoor pool with various open days and hours throughout the year.
Waterstreet Brewery https://waterstreetbrewery.com/index.php/locations/grafton
Flipside Café and Grill https://flipsidecafeandgrill.com/
Milwaukee Ale House https://alehousegrafton.com/
Juice’s Ghost Town http://www.juicesghostown.com/
Even Odds Pizza http://evenoddspizza.com/
Grafton Housing Market
- In 2020, single family homes have been on the market an average of 56 days while in 2019 it was 64 days, and the median days on market for 2020 is only 31. The average sales price has been $337,745 in 2020.
- In 2020, condominiums have been on the market an average of 86 days while in 2019 it was 48 days and the average sales price has been $228,603 in 2020 which is up 38.86% from 2019 where it was $164,625.
This information has been supplied by Multiple Listing Service, Inc.