Eagle is the epitome of serene small town Wisconsin, home to about 2,000 residents, located in the heart of the Southern Kettle Moraine State Forest. It is perfectly situated on the southwestern edge of Waukesha County. A short 15 minute drive will bring you into downtown Waukesha, allowing for easy access to the conveniences of the city while still offering the peaceful luxuries of living in the country.
Eagle is a hub for outdoor recreation. Within minutes of the town are miles of trails for hiking, biking, and horse-back riding. The Emma-Carlin trail-head offers rugged yet well worn paths – up, down, and around the kettle depressions and through grassy meadows and deep forested areas – tempting mountain bikers of all ages. The town welcomes horseback riders via a community corral allowing for riders to “park” their horses and enjoy lunch at one of the delicious restaurants while still keeping their four legged friends in sight the whole time. Go for a ramble on the Eagle segment of the Ice-Age scenic trail, a 1,000 mile footpath that winds its way from northern Wisconsin to the Illinois border and back up again to Door County.
Eagle is home to Kettle Moraine Days, an annual June festival that promotes local vendors and entertains all with a carnival, live music, tasty food, and spectacular fireworks. Step back in time at Old World Wisconsin, a living historical museum that invites visitors to walk down the boardwalk of a bustling 19th century American town or try your hand at carding wool sheared from a flock of sheep that live on-site.
- Ice Age Trail https://www.iceagetrail.org/
- Travel Wisconsin https://www.travelwisconsin.com/mountain-biking/emma-carlin-trail-204320
- Kettle Moraine Days https://www.facebook.com/Organization/Kettle-Moraine-Days
- Old World Wisconsin https://oldworldwisconsin.wisconsinhistory.org/
Become a regular at one of the locally owned restaurants that adorn the streets of downtown Eagle.
- Hen House Cafe www.facebook.com/The-Hen-House-Cafe
- Rustix https://rustixgrill.com/menu/
- MP Taqueria https://www.facebook.com/MPTaqueria/
- Clausing Barn Café at Old World Wisconsin https://oldworldwisconsin.wisconsinhistory.org/
Eagle is part of the Palmyra-Eagle Area School District.
- Eagle Elementary https://www.peasd.org/eagle-elem/
- Palmyra-Eagle Middle/High School https://www.peasd.org/high/
Eagle Real Estate
Homes in Eagle have a median price list of $270,000
Home values span in price from $115,000 to $862,500
On average, homes in Eagle stay on the market for 39 days
This information has been supplied by MLS 08/25/2020