HIGHLIGHTS OF MENOMONEE FALLS
The Village of Menomonee Falls (population 38,014 – latest US census) with 15,723 housing units offers small-town charm while providing outstanding amenities and convenient access to the entire Milwaukee region. Menomonee Falls was settled in the 1800s, incorporated in 1892 and is located in northeast Waukesha County, and has a total land area of nearly 33 square miles.
Menomonee Falls has received a number of accolades in recent years including:
- 32ndbest Small Town in America, Money Magazine (2015)
- 4th best Place to Live in Wisconsin, Area Vibes.com(2017)
- 2nd Safest City in Wisconsin with over 27,000 residents, Safe Home (2017)
- 8thBest City to Live in Wisconsin, Chamber of Commerce.org (2019)
- 2ndSafest City on Wisconsin with over 25,000 residents, Area Vibes.com (2020)
Menomonee Falls Downtown
The Village Centre Business Improvement District, is a vibrant destination “Where Main & Appleton Meet.” We call this the “heart” of our Downtown. The area is a walker’s delight with the natural beauty of the Menomonee River waterfall, Leper Dam, the Riverwalk, Mill Pond and Lime Kiln Park Natural Area … all within a several block area in the heart of Downtown.
Discover the specialty shops and art galleries, opportunities to unwind at our many spas and salons, and make some fun at our creative studios and entertainment center plus enjoy great food at one of our downtown restaurants or pubs. Menomonee Falls Downtown sponsors Summer Concerts, a Downtown Beer Garden, Falls Memorial Fest and the Christmas Market.
The downtown Village Park is presently going through a renovation period where a new amphitheater, restrooms and promenade is being constructed during summer of 2020. Future improvements include a children’s splash pad, play area, tennis/pickle ball courts and other amenities. The Farmers Market will also be held there in 2021.
Menomonee Falls is home to 16 Village parks (totaling 293 acres), Menomonee Park (a 464 acre Waukesha County park with lake swimming, camping facilities and hiking), two public golf courses, and over 31 miles of recreational trails including the Bugline which is a 22+ mile trail from Menomonee Falls to North Lake.
The Village’s public school districts perform well above Wisconsin averages for state proficiency tests and ACT exams. 44 percent of residents over 25 hold a bachelor’s degree or higher.
Residents and businesses benefit from convenient transportation access to everything the Greater Milwaukee region has to offer. Menomonee Falls is:
- Adjacent to Brookfield, Germantown, Northwest Milwaukee, and Sussex
- 15 minutes from shopping at the Mayfair Collection and Mayfair Mall
- 20 minutes from Lake Michigan beaches and Miller Park (Milwaukee Brewers baseball)
- 25 minutes from downtown Milwaukee
- 30 minutes from General Mitchell International Airport
Highly Recommended Menomonee Falls Restaurants:
A.J. O’Brady’s Irish Pub and Grill – www.theadjobradys.com
- Great food and pub atmosphere and outdoor dining
The Main Mill Restaurant – Fine Dining – www.mainmillsteakhouse.com
- Features pizza, steak, wine, craft cocktails & more.
Hot House Tavern – located in the historic Falls Fire Station – www.hothousetavern.com
- Unique Food, Cold drinks, Fun atmosphere
The Alumni Club Tavern & Eatery – www.alumniclub.biz
- A fun place to enjoy sports, games and good food.
- Outdoor like feeling with opened garage doors.
Ally’s Bistro – Great breakfasts, lunches and fish fry (Café, bistro & catering. Outside dining.) – www.allysbbistro.com
Trysting Place Pub – Sports Bar with Great Food – www.foodspot.com
- Pizza won 5th place out of 60 locations in Milwaukee
- Outside dining
Nino’s Italian Bakery & Deli – Authentic Italian bakery and food – www.ninosbakery.com